Sunday, June 13, 2010

Which map app?


There are a lot of good map and GPS apps out there. Let me start out by saying that if you are looking for a GPS app that uses iphone capabilities and cant be used on an ipod touch, then it would be best to find a different site. I have already reviewed "Offline Maps" (horrible), but there are loads of others; so which to choose?
The iPod comes with "maps", it is an okay app, but there are better. I prefer "Google Earth" and "Map Quest", they are on my ipod. Map Quest is best for directions, Google Earth, I find, is best for satellite images. A good rule of thumb when it comes to choosing a map app is to install the big name brands, unless you find a unique feature in a smaller one. Suggestions for other map apps, or any app, are always welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment